Since the corona virus crisis began, many have been left with questions about the dental services available to them. For your safety and the safety of your service provider we can help you with tele- consultation, and like to share these home care tips to relieve the pain.
If you have dental pain –
The key is whether there is swelling or not and with medicines, please be sure to follow instructions.
- For pain without swelling – common over-the-counter (OTC) pain medicines like tablet flexon 2-3 times a day can help. (but before taking those always talk to us prior )
- For pain with swelling – in addition to pain medicines, rinse your mouth with warm salt and haldi water for short-term relief. Apply a cold compress. You can apply a cold pack or bag of frozen vegetables to the side of your face for 20 minutes at a time. Just be sure to use a piece of cloth as a buffer, so you don’t accidentally damage your skin. This can help to alleviate discomfort by blunting pain and reducing swelling.
Also you might need antibiotics to reduce swelling, call us and we can help you in that.
Gum, cheek, tongue and lip pain:
For adults experiencing pain without swelling, medicated gels are available, including the brand name Mucopain and hexigel for ulcers ( this needs to be applied prior food and wait for 1-2 minutes before taking food
For rashes and bleeding gums:
Gargle with lukewarm water added with salt and haldi. Then apply Gumex gel on affected area and medicine would be more effective if you avoid eating or drinking anything for 1 hour.
The idea of swishing a mouthful of oil around, and then spitting it out, to cure oral disease might sound strange, but its not just an effective oral detoxification procedure but can actually improve overall health too.
While brushing and flossing are obviously important for oral hygiene, oil pulling actually helps to bind, trap and eliminate more microorganisms and get into deep pockets within the teeth and into the difficult-to-reach regions around root canals.
Here are the 4 simple steps to do oil pulling:
- Measure one tablespoon of oil, such as coconut or sesame oil.
- Swish it around in your mouth for 15–20 minutes, being careful not to swallow any.
- Spit the oilinto a trash can once you’re done. …
- Rinse your mouth well using water before eating or drinking anything.
Other than these remedies, make sure you brush your teeth on a daily basis, especially after eating sugary and processed foods. Night brushing is must. Ensure that you brush gently, in order to avoid damaging soft tissues of your gums.
And if these cannot give you enough relief you can contact us for guidance. We can help you over the phone with proper medications. +918425858585 / +912225678000